Inbound marketing firm Hubspot recently released a report based on a marketing benchmark study of 7,000 companies and found that when it comes to blogging:
- Companies that blog 15+ times per month get five times more traffic than firms with no blog.
- B2B companies that blog just twice a month get 70% more leads than firms with no blog.
- Companies that increase their blogging from 3-5 times/month to 5-8 times/month almost double their leads.
- Companies that increase their total blog posts from 11-20 to 21-50 per month see a 45% increase in traffic.
There really is no question anymore about how useful a blog can be in driving traffic to your website and generating leads. None. Here are five tips to keep in mind when developing your law firm marketing blog:
- Be useful. Posts should be timely, insightful and, above all, useful.
- Be real. Don’t use legal jargon unless you are writing for other lawyers.
- Be a contrarian. Take a unique stand on a timely subject or challenge convention to get people thinking.
- Be personable. Blogging is about connecting with people, and you can’t do that if you don’t let your personality come through.
- Satisfy your readership. Write for the person you want to hire you.