YouTube also says that more than 6 billion hours are watched each month – one hour for every person on Earth.
Video is a great way for attorneys to connect with prospects on your law firm website and demonstrate knowledge and experience in your practice area.
Here are 6 more reasons why video belongs in your legal marketing mix:
1. Better search results. According to Forrester Research, videos are 53x more likely than traditional websites to be found on the first page of Google search results.
2. Better retention. Forrester Research found that people retain 58% more with both visual and auditory stimulation.
3. More traffic. Forrester Research reports that over 60% of all web traffic comes from online video.
4. More likely to buy. People who view a video are 64% more likely to purchase (comScore).
5. Found in the C-Suite. 65% of senior executives say they have visited a vendor website after watching a video. 59% say they prefer video to text. (Forbes’ Video in the C-Suite).
6. More likely to be shared. Video has the best potential to be shared and go viral compared with other media.
So are you using video on your website or in your blog?
If not, why not? Take the top 10 questions you routinely get from clients and create a 1-3 minute video where you answer each one. Be sure to include graphic calls to action with your contact information.
Set up your own page on YouTube and upload your videos, a new one every 2 weeks. Tag them with your keywords in the “About” section under the video. Here’s the YouTube guide that shows you how to set up a YouTube Channel.
No hard-sell! People care about your content – use education marketing to sell them.
Show your personality and let viewers see that you are real.
Transcribe the content of your video using the “Transcript” icon/tab below each video.
You’ve just created an exceptionally powerful marketing and SEO tool for your law firm marketing arsenal.