You created your firms social media accounts, you built a following with a clever marketing campaign, and now, how do you keep your audience interested?
Give them what they want, remind them who you are and why they want to be your connection.
After building an above average following for our Facebook, Twitter, Google + and LinkedIn accounts, we wanted to offer a daily dose of “Weird Laws” and “Quotes.” After all, who doesn’t like to read a good quote? And, chances are if you are a friend of our modern Law Firm, you might be interested in learning about the weird laws out there too?
Using HootSuite bulk message upload tool allows you to plan ahead and schedule your posts. It also posts to all of the accounts at once! This saves you from logging into each account daily to post.
Here are the steps to take:
- Login to HootSuite. (You should have the accounts you want to post to already set-up.)
- Click on the Publisher icon (paper plane) from the panel on the left.
- Click “Schedule in Bulk” (top left).
- In the Bulk Schedule Updates window, you’ll want to download the sample .csv so that you know how your spreadsheet should be set-up.
- Build your spreadsheet to look just like the sample. Note: You can only post 50 messages at a time, so don’t attempt to load more then that.
- Save your spreadsheet as a CSV-comma delimited format.
- Once your spreadsheet is complete, go back to the Bulk Schedule Updates window and browse to your file.
- Select which date format you used.
- Select all of the social media accounts, on which you wish to post.
- Click Submit.
Note: Once you submit your posts, you might get errors back. Don’t panic. Simply read through them and correct them on your spreadsheet, save and repeat the steps above. (One example, a common error, is that the post is “too long”. Remember Twitter can only post 140 characters, so keep shortening it until the error is gone.)
With HootSuite bulk upload tool you get to plan your social media post and you save time in building your brand with those whom you are connected. Building social media relationships are a win-win. We give a little knowledge, motivation and/or humor and in return we get to continuously introduce them to our brand – a marketer’s dream.