If your law firm is ready to venture into the sometimes-frustrating realm of online marketing, you have a lot to consider. Although your options for online marketing are vast, video production is becoming the most popular and highly utilized method. Making a legal video for your law firm is the best way to help your firm stand out and attract new clients.
When making a legal video, you need to consider a variety of factors, like budgeting for production, finding a production team that suits the needs of your legal video, and determining what type of legal video to produce.
You can produce various types of legal videos, which range in content and production. However, the following are generally considered the most successful types of videos for law firm use.
1. Legal brand video
Having a brand overview video that serves as a visual introduction for your law firm will do wonders for your marketing efforts. In a brand overview video, you can truly encapsulate the essence of your law firm and its services. First impressions are pivotal; a potentially interested client’s first impression of your law firm needs to be outstanding.
When creating a brand video about your law firm, you should always consider crafting a storyboard. Here are some helpful questions to ask as you work your way through the storyboard process:
- How do you want to market your firm?
- What demographic does your law firm target?
- What optimal services does your firm offer that the competition lacks?
These questions should help you work the following essential elements into your legal brand video:
- Services your law firm offers
- Personal anecdotes from previous clients
- Your unique value proposition
Finally, be sure to include a brief history of your firm and encourage interested clients to contact you.
If you do not establish a brand overview for your firm, your firm is likely to be lost in a crowd of competitors who are also using media to attract attention.
Also keep in mind that it’s easy to make mistakes when producing these types of videos, so be sure to have a clear idea that is manageable for your production team.
2. FAQ/educational videos
Having a series of FAQ-style videos can set you apart as a thought leader in your market, providing valuable insights and information to prospective clients.
Successful FAQ videos:
- Answer relevant questions, usually based on search data or past FAQs, that prospective clients will find valuable
- Are short, offer direct value, and are not sales pitches
- Provide information about specific services your firm offers
Another benefit of FAQ/educational-based videos is the opportunity they offer to address questions and concerns in a professional setting. Although the best way to host these types of videos is often on YouTube, you can also share Q&A sessions on other social media platforms such as Facebook, Vine, Twitter, Periscope, etc.
3. Case study videos
Along with hosting a legal brand video and FAQ/educational videos, you should also consider producing videos that showcase the success of your past cases. Case study videos assert your authority in the market and convey trust and build confidence among potential clients.Successful case study videos:
- Showcase a real-life client story that demonstrates how your firm helped that client prevail through a difficult time
- Provide hope and confidence to viewers who may share some of the same struggles as the client sharing his or her story on screen
- Spotlight what it’s like to be a client represented by your law firm
To recap, the 3 must-have legal videos your law firm should produce include the following:
● Legal brand video to establish your law firm and stand out against the competition
● FAQ/educational videos that provide value to prospective clients, answer FAQs, and establish you as a thought leader in your market
● Case study videos that showcase your firm’s abilities and client experience, highlighting past cases, outcomes, and testimonials in an engaging, visually appealing manner
Incorporating these 3 types of videos into your marketing will convince viewers—i.e., prospective clients—that you have what it takes to get the job done. Also, please bear in mind that higher-quality videos convert at a much higher rate and present your brand in a more favorable light. Don’t skimp on video quality and proper messaging, or your conversions and— ultimately—your sales will suffer.
Want to learn more? Register here to attend our free, upcoming webinar on March 31st, 2016 at 10 am PST, “Four Steps to Using Legal FAQ Videos to Reach New Clients” and gain more valuable tips and insights from Michael.
Don’t miss your chance to see Michael speak live in Las Vegas at Lawyernomics 2016! Get your tickets here.